Thursday, October 11, 2012

Battleship

M'kay, so I was very skeptical when I first heard they were making a Battleship movie.  "Oh gosh, they're really running out of good ideas for movies" I believe were my exact words. I mean, come on, it was a guaranteed flop! 


"But then you come back and totally redeem yourself!"
 
 
I'm not going to say it was the most amazing life-altering movie but my goodness I sure enjoyed it!  I really enjoy movies that take something unlikely and unrealistic and finds a way to wrap you mind around it and make you think "Hum, I could see how that could be feasible."  Here are the parts that I liked most about it:
 
1. The aliens.  I'm sorry if I'm ruining the movie for you but I thought it was a very nice change for an alien movie to make the aliens more humanistic instead of a rolling oozing pile of goo.  A few obvious differences from humans in these aliens but overall they're very similar.  I've always wanted to see a movie where the aliens aren't so crazy and more...well...as realistic as aliens can be produced by Hollywood. 
 
 
2. The technology.  Again, spoiler alert, but the fact that old technology came in and saved new technology's butt...awesome. Watch the movie, you'll understand. 
 
3. Incorporating Battleship into the movie plot but not allowing it to overtake a good movie.  It was great how the producers and directors found a way to incorporate the original Battleship game into the movie.  Very creative.
 
4. I LOVE the part when the retired vets step up and say "Come on, give me a piece of that..."  My favorite part hands down.
 
5. WE WON!  Of course I love a happy ending...who doesn't?  And I really liked how the directors found a way to keep the suspense going for a longer time instead of a big climax directly to The End. 
 
So I know I'm not a professional critic and it really doesn't bother me if you disagree, I liked it and I can't wait to buy it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment