Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Dad's Root Beer



        Dad's Root Beer
            www.dadsrootbeer.com

From: Jasper, Indiana
Started: 1937
Tagline: America's Premium Root Beer
Steve-o-Meter: 7 out of 10


Review: This was a pretty good root beer.  It reminded me most of MY dad's home-made root beer.  It's got a medium fizz level-not too overbearing but not smooth like a draft root beer.  The first taste on your tongue may be a bit bitter but the aftertaste is nice and sweet.  I enjoy the bitter/sweet but some may find it less desirable.  The bitter dies down the more you drink.  Amanda said she thought it had a hint of bubble gum flavor.  Overall I gave this bottle a 7 out of 10 because other than reminding me of my dad's recipe, I didn't find it to be anything out of the ordinary.  It's a good tasting root beer but I wouldn't special order it.  I would recommend it to somebody wanting an old fashioned root beer experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment