Saturday, August 4, 2012

In The Beginning....

Hello and thank you for looking at my blog!  I'm going to be real honest-I am a blog virgin; therefore, the start of this blog is expected to be rough at best.  My purpose in starting a blog is because I have so many thoughts and ideas but I don't feel like I have a good outlet for those thoughts and ideas.  I tried Facebook and I feel guilty every time I post something...I feel like I am forcing my life down someone's throat.  My wonderful wife started an awesome blog several months ago and has really enjoyed it.  To view her blog, click here.  (Her's is much nicer than mine.)  I thought a blog would be a great way for me to rant and rave and, if somebody doesn't like what I have to say, they aren't forced to see it or un-friend me (gasp) on Facebook.  It seems like a happy medium to go with for now. 

DISCLAIMER:  My thoughts often turn to politics and religion.  I respect other people's views and strongly feel they have the right to maintain those views.  I expect the same in return. Some of my best friends have completely opposite views than I do and we get along great.  Some of the most meaningful and soul-searching conversations I've been involved in have been controversial at best.  The key is to realize that people don't need to agree with you on everything to be a friend but they do need to be respectful.  So that brings me to my one and only rule:



Do not be a jerk on here, you will be deleted.



Here's a tip for life in case you haven't figured it out yet: Don't be a jerk anywhere or eventually people will delete you from their life, not just their blog.  Let's face it, nobody wants to be 80 sitting in a nursing home, sucking back juice-boxes alone. 


Amanda and Me
So Here's A Bit About Me:

I am in my late 20's, am married since 2007, and am hoping to adopt a child soon. More to come on the adoption at a later date. I am conservative in my political views. I graduated college with a business degree in 2010. I am currently working in a field that does not use my degree. (Go Figure!) I don't like seafood but can eat shrimp and tuna fish. I can not eat oysters. I would say I try to have a positive attitude most the time but am not perfect by any means. I love being outside: Hiking, Camping, Swimming, Biking, Gardening are all some of my favorite things. I also love to eat! My favorite food is Chinese but if you put a plate of french fries in front of me, I'm going to eat them. I also love cooking and inventing my own recipes. I am a "do it yourself" kind of guy. I wake up early every morning whether I want to or not, and I'm basically useless after 11:00pm assuming I even make it that far. I'm compulsively clean but am learning to relax and let things go...only took me 28 years. I am my worst critic by far but care more about what my wife thinks about me than what I think about myself. Luckily, my wife is the best part of my life and she lets me know on a regular basis that I am hers as well. I am a life-long devout member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I prefer people to ask me questions about my life or religion than skate around the issue. I love having good conversations on religion and politics. I also prefer people to make educated decisions in every aspect of their life opposed to following blindly and not thinking for themselves.

I'm sure there is much more about me that I could put on here but that's what the rest of the blog is for.  I encourage people to participate in my blog.  I want to learn from you as well.  Thank you for taking the time to look and read a little about me!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about you! You are my favorite subject! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay! Welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete