Sunday, August 26, 2012

Is Snow White really the Fairest?

Amanda and I watched Mirror Mirror last night after our yard sale.  We were pretty tired so we wanted to relax and this movie came recommended by a good friend. 
 
Check our details of our yard sale here
 
We rented it from Redbox and it's the recently released PG version of the Snow White tale. 



Overall I liked it for the following reasons:

  1. It's Clean.  Not many movies being made any more are free from the smut people call entertainment. 
  2. It's Original.  While keeping in line with the basic and original plot of Snow White, there were twists and turns that kept it fresh and entertaining. 
  3. The Whimsical Lines.  I'm a sucker for funny one-liners and is among the fastest ways for a movie to move up ranking for me. 

There were, however, a few things that made it hard to focus and take the movie seriously.  They were most likely intentional on the directors part as this rendition of Snow White seemed to be intended to be more fun and light-hearted vs. the heavy and serious Snow White and the Huntsman (also a good movie). It just made it hard to focus on the movie....








  1. Snow White's eyebrows....what the....?!?!  Disclaimer: I think Lilly Collins, who plays Snow White, is an attractive person.  Google Search her.  She's a world-wide model and actress and therefore has proven her beauty. 





But whiten her skin and those babys stick out like a fake mustache on an albino!  One of the first shots in the movie are a close up on...them...and it's hard to focus on the fact that she's supposed to be the "fairest in all the land."  Again, I'm not saying Collins is unattractive but I think they should have "tweezed" the black beasts if they were going to bleach her skin to be "white as snow".  I blame makeup for this, not Collins.



2. After the movie winds down at the end and they're about to live happily ever after, they start a music video!  Eh?!?!  Check it out....


It is so random and unexpected!  I ran around the house last night singing "I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe....etc....etc...." and I am SURE I annoyed Amanda with that one.  That actually speaks more about me than it does about the movie...









3. Cowboy Dwarf reminds me of a Mini-Kenny Chesney.  That's all I've got to say about that.


 
 
So overall I thought it was a fun movie and it was definitely worth the time to watch.  I would recommend watching it and coming up with your own opinion.  Grab the family, order some pizza or pop some pop-corn and have a family night with this movie!  It's good for some laughs!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys rented it!!! I love it! I have to agree with you on Snow White's Eyebrows. They're definitely.....um...different. However, I did feel like she got prettier and prettier as the movie progressed. Like they were less noticeable or something. I'm going to have to disagree with you on the ending though! I LOVED the ending "music video"! But I may have slapped you if you went on and on forever singing just the "I believe I believe I believe" part LOL. I so loved this movie! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooooooooo funny! I am laughing so hard over all of this! Love you!

    ReplyDelete